Sunday 18 May 2014

Bucket List

A close friend of mine did something really exciting and inspiring.....at the age of 45, she put a big fat check on her bucket list.  She packed up her back pack, bought some good hiking boots, and off to do the El Camino de Santiago.  I also have other friends that are packing up with their teenagers in tow and traveling for a year in Mexico.  It's funny how a percentage of women my age are finding life way to complicated and are yearning to down sizing the clutter mentally and physically to feed their soul.

I have to ask the question why? 

I can only go by my thoughts and experiences and in my case I feel I was last on my list of priorities.  I think at some point you have to put your wants and needs first.  What...put yourself first before your children, husband, family and work.  I know that is just crazy talk!  Life is way to short.  I am currently at a cross roads in my life.  Metaphorically, I am at the top of the mountain looking down wondering what path I should take.  What ever I choose I know it will be the right one for me.  I am very excited as there is a lot wonderful energy happening all around me.

Let go and let be.

I am currently working on a small piece and should be completed by tomorrow.  Still blocking out the loon 's body and reflection.  I am finding I love painting water!


If anyone has comments, please don't hesitate to share.

Happy May long weekend everybody!

Tracey



No comments:

Post a Comment