Monday 1 September 2014

Lessons Learned, Life After a Showing

Well it was a great experience overall.  There was allot of positive feedback on all my work and I sold three pieces total which is pretty good.  I will be updating my website this week.

What I learned from this show is as follows:

  1. Be clear and follow up with emails so all parties are on the same page. It is still a business.
  2. Make sure you inquire about who is showing your work and their reputation prior to committing.
  3. Be open to what the public has to say.  In my case the pieces that had the most interest was the landscapes and water scenes.  
  4. What shocked me was what I thought where the weaker pieces turned out to be peoples favorites.....therefore art is in the eye of the beholder.
  5. Keep promoting, other opportunities do happen with hard work and no gallery can take a commission on that.
So, even though there were some bumps along the way, I did learn allot!

No comments:

Post a Comment