Saturday 6 September 2014

Trip to the Prairies

Thursday I took a trip to Virden Manitoba for work which was the home of my grandparents on my dad side.  Even though it has changed drastically since I was a teenager, it still feels like home.  I ended up driving by their retirement home and it really hasn't changed other than the huge garden and flowers are gone but the well was still there.  It was cute, there was a little boy peeking out of the front screened door which I know my grandparents would be giggling.  My Grandpa Kucheravy loved kids.

I don't know what it is about the prairies but the drastic change in weather can be spectacular!  I was lucky to catch this storm system as I was heading to Virden.  I will be definitely painting all for my February showing.

Enjoy!

I don't know what it is but when I see a rainbow I always think of my
Grandpa Robertson.  Thank you Grandpa

Old barn and house in a field of wheat.

I thought this photo was really cool as beyond the wheat field was a
Provincial Park.  Wheat is ready to be harvested.

Just on the outskirts of the storm on the Trans Canada Highway just
after Portage La Prairie.  The clouds were amazing with its soft swirls.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment