Thursday 16 April 2015

Painters Progression

I wanted to share the pic's of a piece highlighting its progression throughout the creative process.

This piece was a conscious decision to do something different and focus less on the detail and more on not stressing about the end product.  I think it was successful and I had a lot of fun doing it....as it took me a half the time.

These two pieces are hanging at Poor Michael's Emporium located at Onanole, Manitoba outside Riding Mountain National Park.  Opening weekend Saturday, April 25, 2015.  I have 6 pieces hanging their in total so if your in the area, please stop in and take a look....and order one of their amazing coffee's and deserts.


Step 1 - Inking in my landscape 

Step 2 - Start painting in back ground 
working top left to bottom right 


Step 3 - Final product
Left - "Summer Colors - Clear Lake 1", 8"x16" Acrylic on Canvas $350.00
Right - "Summer Colors - Clear Lake 2", 8"x16" Acrylic on Canvas $350.00

Both Pieces are displayed at Poor Michael's Emporium


No comments:

Post a Comment