Tuesday 9 February 2016

Mending Through Painting

On December 19th, 2015 in the early morning my father said goodbye to this world.  My heart is braking.  It is so hard to not think of all of the future milestone and moments that will be experience without him their.

I am thankful for the time we had....an additional 3 years since his last hospital visit.  This gift of three years changed me and definitely changed my dad.  He was thankful for his family, he had softened and was emotional in a good way.  He always ended every conversation with "I love you".

I have been painting to work through my sadness but have not been able to share them yet.  I don't know, maybe I am not ready to say goodbye or I just want them to be just for him.  The pieces are my best work to date and I would like to think my dad is looking over my shoulder and saying how proud he is of me.

Here are some great pictures I wanted to share.

Trish, Dad and I.....what a great picture!

Gone fishing......my dad giving Mathew his first can of pop! 

Mike, dad, Dylan and Matt at Mike and Colleen's 25th wedding anniversary

My two favorite men out for supper

No comments:

Post a Comment