Monday 15 August 2016

"Rooted"

This past 8 months has been a journey of healing and coming to terms with my dad's passing.   The regrets, the ongoing challenges, the gifts and opportunities.  Throughout these 8 months, I've been keeping my head down and just painting.  Today is a moment that I look up, take a breath and celebrate.  Though my thoughts are always calling me as I am forever "Rooted" to the canvas.

This up and coming September, Woodlands Gallery is launching a new initiative called SAP (Supplementary Artists Program) which features emerging local artists from Manitoba. This program will provide artists with gallery exposure and build on their mandate to support Canadian Artists.  I am so please to announce that I have been chosen with another artist to be the first to participate in this program.  

Exhibition Event Release - "Rooted"
The inaugural exhibition, features artworks from Geneviève Levasseur and Tracey Kucheravy. From the prismatic hues of Shoal Lake and Lake of the Woods to a radiant summer in Paris, these artists draw inspiration from the environment that surrounds them. Join us Friday, September 16th for an opening reception from 6:00 to 9:00 pm. "Rooted" will be on display until October 15th, 2016.

Thank you Woodlands Gallery, what a wonderful opportunity and a wonderful gift.  

Here are some pieces that will be available during the exhibition.

"Sunrise View Inspired by the BC Coast - Series 1"
10"x20" Acrylic on Canvas
"Shoal Lake Series 3", 40"x60" Acrylic on Canvas.

"View At the Fork Series 2 - Chemin Entrelacs, Ste-Maruerite-Eterel Quebec",
16"x60" Acrylic and Bronze Leaf on Canvas

  




No comments:

Post a Comment