Tuesday 21 March 2017

Art Contributes to the Quality of Our Lives and Spirits

Well it's been far to long since my last blog and it's about time I started posting again.

Art contributes to the quality of our lives and spirits. For me, art brings like minded people together who share common interests.   From the individuals who paint full time, to those who started painting later in life, to the individuals who collect art, who help promote art, and those who just love seeing art.

Recently I ventured to Ottawa for a painting retreat with Gordon Harrison.  These trips always reignite my love and passion for painting.  It was great being around other artists sharing our personal journeys......kind of like a brotherhood and sisterhood.  I felt a connection.

Here is an exiting event that I like to share with you.  A group exhibition with Manotick Art Gallery featuring Gordon Harrison and his apprentices.  Gordon's and Phil's unwavering support has been shining on everyone involved.  I am very grateful to be involved.


And here are the pieces that will be featured.  Please stop in if you are in the area as there is a lot more art to be seen.  Official opening of the new Manotick Art Gallery and Framing is Saturday April 8th, from 10 to 6 pm and Sunday April 9th, 11 to 5 pm.  Unfortunately I can't make it but I will be there in spirit!

"Cliffs by Perch Bay Kenora, Series 1",
9"x12" Acrylic on Canvas, Framed

"Winter View Laurentians, Series 1" 9.5"x19",
Acrylic on Canvas, Framed


No comments:

Post a Comment