Tuesday 27 May 2014

Art Retreat Here I Come

I am really excited as I am headed to an art retreat in Bear Valley Highlands in BC.  The retreat is a plein air painting workshop with Dominik Modlinski starting May 29 to June 1, 2014.

Dominik is a well known Canadian artist who is known for his spectacular landscapes located in rugged and barren lands in Canada and across the world.  He is a colorful painter.

The one challenge that I know I will experience is painting quickly as we will be outdoors and using a limited palette.  This will force myself to hone in on my mixing skills.....which I don't really have any.  The only paint colors that we are using are;

  • Cadmium yellow lemon
  • Quinacridone Red
  • Phthalo Blue, plus
  • Titanium white.

Isn't that crazy!  It's good to push out of my comforts which will allow growth as an artist!

After it is all over with I am heading to Kamloops to visit with a high school friend.

Adios
Tracey

No comments:

Post a Comment